Friday, November 28, 2008
This is us before the stuffing commenced..... us, not the turkey!
And, since it's Friday... here are some Friday memes. Keep reading...there's a surprise at the end :-)
1. My stomach is very full.
2. Pie is what I ate the most of on Thursday.
3. The yard is wet.
4. With my husband is where I'd rather be at any given time.
5. The smell of cinnamon reminds me of Christmas.
6. More time (and money) is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having my house decorated, tomorrow my plans include buying our Christmas tree and Sunday, I want to stay home, but I have to work!
Click here to play along.
And now... my annual Christmas countdown begins. I'm starting my Christmas decorating today...it's one of my favorite times of the years. I have some work I still need to do for LASR for next week, but when that's done...I'm putting in my Christmas music and hauling out my decorations. So... enjoy an early taste of Christmas.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
November 24th Questions:
1. Thanksgiving is this week! Where are you going? Besides eat, what do you do on Thanksgiving? Do you have any family traditions you’d like to share with us? Don’t forget to take pictures! (You’ll be asked to show them next Monday! This will also prove handy for Coffee Chat!) For the first time in years, we're staying home. We normally visit my aunt and cousins in South Carolina (last year we broke with that tradition and went to North Carolina to visit my daughter and her husband and to help celebrate their marriage). This year, most of the family is going to be here for Christmas and with me starting back to a "real" job, the thoughts of packing up and driving anywhere just was too daunting. So...my sister and her husband are coming down from the Atlanta area and we'll have our Thanksgiving feast here. The day after (unless there's something on sale I just can't live without), I'll start putting away the autumn decorations and haul out the Christmas ones. chanel handbags
2. What is your favorite gadget? Why is it your favorite? If money was not an object, what gadget would you buy for yourself? My coffee grinder, hands down. I love the taste of freshly ground coffee. And, if money were no object, I'd get a coffee maker with a built-in grinder that I could set up the night before. Marianne has recently bought one (and early Christmas present 'cause her old one bit the dust) and I am soooo jealous.
3. You’ve been chosen to be a contestant on “Survivor” and you leave in 6 weeks. How will you spend the next 6 weeks to prepare for the challenge? After I pick myself up from the floor where I've fallen laughing hysterically, I would decide I'm not going to worry about losing weight (after all, the fat may carry me through starvation), but I would build up my stamina by starting to take long long walks.
4. How many times a week do you visit the ATM machine? Do you normally carry a lot of cash? How often do you use credit cards? Are you pretty good at paying off your balance every month? How do you control your credit card spending? I NEVER visit an ATM machine.... mainly because I have the hardest time remembering the PIN. And, I very rarely have cash on me. The only "credit" card we use is actually just a charge card and must be paid in full each month or they cut you off. I love that, because whipping out plastic is just too easy. I DO use the debit card to buy a lot of things. That I need to be more careful of, because $2 here and $3 there add up.
If you play along, let me know. And, Happy Monday, everyone.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. The last band I saw live was Little Texas in Apalachicola the first weekend in November.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is my sister and her husband coming down (if you don't celebrate thanksgiving, insert your favorite holiday)
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping isbarely started...oy vey!
4. Thoughts ofall the housework I have to do (not to mention other things I have to do fill my head.
5. I wish I could wearsize 8 jeans once again
6. Bagpipesare awesome
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward tobeing alone with my hubby, tomorrow my plans includegrinding stumps and Sunday, I want torest, but it ain't-a-gonna happen!
How do you usually spend Thanksgiving? For the past several years, we've gone to my cousins' in Charleston, South Carolina, for a combination Thanksgiving-family reunion. Last year, our second daughter got married the day before Thanksgiving, so we were in Raleigh, North Carolina. This year, since I've started working and time is precious...we're staying home. My sister and her husband are driving down from the Atlanta area and we're going to just chill out and relax.
What is the one thing you are most grateful for this year? That we all have our health and, even with the bad economy, we can be together and be happy. That the kids are probably all going to be home for Christmas (Aaron and his wife are still waiting to see...he's not sure if he can get leave). It's going to be a good year, despite everything. chanel handbags
Do you usually shop on Black Friday or avoid it like the plague? It depends. If there is a super sale on something I've really been wanting... I'll brave it. Otherwise, nah... I'll stay home.
What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving feast? Leftovers, of course!!! :-)
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?) Clean the house, cook, get ready for the holiday (because I have to work all day Tuesday and Wednesday.... oy vey!)
Friday, November 14, 2008
I know it's still November, but it's not too early to remind ourselves that it's nearly time for Christmas. If you have trouble with certain people on your "to buy for" list, why not consider a book? It's an inexpensive way to bring people hours of enjoyment, romance, adventure...so... buy a book this holiday season for those hard to buy for folks.
Monday, November 03, 2008
November 3rd Questions:
1. When do you need soothing? And, what soothes you? Tell us about the last time you needed soothing. I'm pretty laid back and very little bothers me. But, I'm afraid that the rare times I DO need soothing...food, comfort food, does a pretty good job. My hubby and his love does the very best job, though, of soothing me.
2. What makes today special for you? And you’re not allowed to say “nothing.” Everyday should be special - life is short! If you can’t think of anything that makes today special, then tell us something you’re thankful for, right now, right this very minute. Today is special because I'm at the coast with my husband and we're still very much in love.
3. What is the most you’d be willing to spend on the perfect pair of blue jeans? What about shoes? Tell us about the last time you purchased jeans. Now tell us the last time you purchased a pair of shoes. I don't spend much on my clothes. Blue jeans, I wear a lot on the job (grinding stumps) and they end up get ruined. I do have some nice jeans that I save... I think I spent about $30 for them. It's been so long since I've bought them, I don't remember. The last time I bought jeans was when I ended up having to work on a job site when I didn't intend to (so wasn't dressed for it). I ran down to the store and picked up a cheap pair of jeans to wear. Shoes? Goodness... I bought a pair of tennis shoes last October...no, wait. I bought some flip-flops a couple of months ago. I don't buy much for myself, can you tell?
4. What is the oddest thing you ever bought for yourself? As I said, I don't spend much money on myself. And... the oddest thing I've ever bought for myself? I don't know... and neither does Bob.