This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions.
Allyson will be awarding prizes as follows:
* Grand prize at the end of the four week tour - a Kindle paperwhite to one randomly drawn winner.
* Each week, one randomly drawn commenter will win a $10 Amazon GC
The Rafflecopter to enter is at the end of this post.
To the outside world, my day is social media. Random happy snippets on Twitter and Facebook, and all sorts of wittiness (at least, in my head that’s how the rest of the world views my day, and that belief makes me happy.)
But I’m a pretty serious cubicle dweller, through and through. I work in an office, I’m surrounded by similar-minded geeks, and we sit about two rows over from human resources. Which, I’ll be honest, has probably gotten us in trouble on more than one occasion.
I get a lot of work done when it’s quiet. And really, that’s the boring bit. I program databases, and the least technical way to put that is I make the software do things automatically that it would normally require a person to do manually.
- Jokes will fly about how thinking logically will only get us in trouble.
- Obscure references will be tossed around, and imaginary cool points (which I have yet to figure out how to trade in for neat and valuable prizes) will be awarded to anyone who ‘gets it’ (I tend to. I’m that kind of geeky).
- Loki will be buried in the Kleenex box for getting arrogant and causing too much mischief while we were away.
The good days are when at least one of us is a little punch-drunk with exhaustion, and/or we get to repeat the process a couple of times during the day (on those rare occasions we have time).
And that’s what it’s like to follow me around the office for the day. Now I’m curious, what’s your favorite—or least favorite—part of your day?
About the Author:
Zane’s granddad raised him with the belief that people who bring joy to the world should be protected at all costs. For Zane, his best friend Riley is one of those people, and he definitely doesn't mind when making her happy involves helping her pursue her creative dream and some sport sex with a hint of kink. They can have fun, and he can keep her from falling for the next idiot who comes along while she searches for her Prince Charming.
Regardless of her resolution, as things heat up between them, Riley finds herself falling again. She needs to decide if she’s in love with the idea of being in love, or if—despite Zane’s insistence that she deserves someone better—what she feels for him is the real thing. If she can’t learn to trust her heart and convince Zane he’s exactly what she needs, it will obliterate a lifelong friendship.
Buy the book at Liquid Silver Books, Amazon, All Romance eBooks, or Barnes and Noble a Rafflecopter giveaway