This week's challenge it to come up with ten unusual things about me--this was tough, y'all! In no particular order, here you go.
1. I am the only blue-eyed grandchild on my maternal grandparents' side of the family (contrariwise, my sister was the only brown-eyed grandchild on the paternal grandparents' side).
2. I have lived or visited in four continents: North America, South America, Europe, and Africa.
3. My first two toes on both feet are slightly joined at the bottom - so are my daughters' and at least one granddaughter's.
4. I will only drink Coke products (well, and Dr Pepper) but ... the ice has to go in first and then the drink poured over. Otherwise it goes flat.
5. As a kid, I didn't like peanut butter, so Mama would make me butter and jelly sandwiches.
6. I can't sleep unless I'm on the left side of the bed. Even if I'm in the bed alone.
7. I hate Crocs and won't wear them. Ever.
8. I was reared in the Methodist church and have attended nondenominational and been a member of Baptist and Episcopal churches. We are currently attending a Lutheran church. Ecumenical spirit here (one online "test" suggested I would be well suited attending a Quaker church)
9. I taught ESL in Brazil for several years-- British English (and I actually had to ask someone what the American for a "return ticket" was because I forgot.
10. I visited Ireland several years ago and felt like I had gone home.
And.. there you have it. Ten more or less unusual things about me. What about you? Am I all alone with these?