Good Morning! We spent yesterday taking down the cabana beside our pool. The wood was going bad and, instead of trying to fix it, we just removed it. The pool and patio look so barren now. We'll have to do something else there, but first we have to get a new pool liner in. Sigh. It's always something. I've heard it say that the happiest day in a person's life is when they have the pool dug. And.. the second happiest day is when they have it filled back in. I'm almost ready to agree with them... almost, not quite!
Also, Aaron left Saturday for Iraq. Please keep him and us in your prayers and thoughts. He will be spending his 21st birthday there next month. If anyone would be willing or interested in sending him a card for his special day, please let me know with your email address and I'll send you his address. Thanks.
I'm doing a movie meme this morning, swiped from Allie, who took it from Marianne, who snagged it from Stacy, who borrowed it from Sugarfused, who got it from... well.... I could go on and on and on and on... just let's say, this meme's apparently been around for a while! lol
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. Any number of musicals... I do enjoy them! Also, Gone With the Wind.
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. I can't think of any movie I've paid more than once to go see. I'm just not that big of a movie fan overall.
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. I can't think of anyone off hand. Maybe Johnny Depp. Of course, there's Sean Connery (except his James Bond movies... he's definitely an example of "older is better")
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Will Ferrell, although someone recommended Stranger than Fiction and I enjoyed that.
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from. 1776 "Now, Abigail, in my last letter I asked that you organize the ladies to make saltpeter. Now, have you done as I asked." "No, John, I have not." "Well, why have you not?" "Because you neglected to tell us how saltpeter is made."
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Many! Oklahoma, West Side Story, The King and I, Carousel, Bye Bye Birdie, 1776…the list goes on and on.
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. See above!
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. See answers to 6 and 7.
9. Name a movie you own. 1776, Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, Little Lord Fauntleroy Those are just a couple I can think of off the top of my head. They are all in the other room and I have to finish this so we can go to work ;-)
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Nobody comes to mind right away. (have I mentioned yet I'm not much of a movie buff?)
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? Yes, but I can't remember what they were. We were kids and my grandparents would put us in the back of the station wagon with pillows... and we'd normally fall asleep.
12. Ever made out in a movie? nope
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. If there's something I want to see, I normally go rent it.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? No.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Come on! I cry at Halmark commercials. My kids are always fond of telling the story how I cried at Toy Story
16. Popcorn? Normally. Even though I shouldn't. But buttery movie popcorn is SO GOOD!
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Once a year... maybe... if there's something we REALLY want to see when it comes out.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? It's been so long I can't remember. One of the Harry Potter movies, probably.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? It depends on my mood.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? I don't remember. What I DO remember (okay, let's show how old Judy is)... they were showing previews for Peyton Place(or a movie like that) and Mama made us cover our eyes til they were over. (this was before the days of ratings, apparently!)
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? Shaft... not because of the movie, but because it wasa the first (and only) date with this really weird guy.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? I don't know... maybe Mulhulland Drive
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? The only movie that ever bothered me afterward was Carrie. I never could sleep with my arm hanging over the bed after that... if you've seen the movie, you should know what I mean!
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? I can't think of one right off the top of my head.
Play along if you like, and let me know about it.