Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: How I Shake off a Bad Mood






Today's topic is "How I Shake Off a Bad Mood." Marianne and I were laughing about this (I'm visiting her in Utah this week), because it could easily be my shortest WWBC ever (even including this one). I am the proverbial Pollyanna... I don't get in bad moods. I might be tired or sick or sad, but I'm neve in what I would call a "bad mood."

When Hurricane Fran hit North Carolina in 1996, it was still a powerful storm when it hit Raleigh, where we were living. We were without power for over a week (fortunately, we had water and the cold showers weren't too bad because it was still pretty hot). My 16 year old daughter was complaining about how hot it was (or something) and I made the comment, "We can just pretend like it's an adventure... like we are back in Little House days."

She put her hands on her hips, stared at me, and said, "Mama, do you always have to be so cheerful about EVERYTHING?"

Well... yes. Yes, I do.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    I love that, Judy! Too funny.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Judy, I live with someone like you! It helps to balance things out a bit haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an enviable way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really funny. I'm definitely not that way myself, but I saute you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch for this 100% ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I've done that too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment