Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Things I Like/Dislike About the Romance Genre






Sorry I have been absent the past month.... I was in a play this past weekend (Camelot... I played Morgan le Fay and had a blast!) and just about everything else in my life got put on hold. But, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack.......



Today's topic is things I like/dislike about the romance genre.

I love that I'm guaranteed a HEA.

I tend not to read contemporary romance because it's extremely formulaic. That said, I enjoy the subgenres of romance: Romantic suspense, historical romance, scifi romance, etc.

I'm currently in a YA fantasy kick.... and I like the fact that there are romantic elements, but that the romance isn't the main focus.

How about you?

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    YA fantasy can be a lot of fun for sure! :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I agree. I find a lot of it predictable. But it's nice when you find a story that surprises you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment