Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Sports I've Tried and What I Thought of Them

div class="separator">



If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. Today's topic is "sports I've tried and what I thought of them." Click here to see the rest of the topics for the year.

Y'all. I am SO not a sports person. Even when I was younger, I was not a sports person. You remember the skinny kid with glasses who was always picked last for any PE teams? Yep, that was me.

I tried volleyball... got hit in the face with the ball (and if you are wearing glasses, that hurts!) Now, once I grew up and had contacts, I did do much better...and enjoy playing when it's just for fun.

My sister and I played badminton at home. I was pretty good at that.

However, I took tennis in college. After hitting the ball as hard as you have to hit a shuttlecock and losing innumerable tennis balls over the fence, I think they passed me out of pity.

I also enjoyed tetherball... is that considered a sport?

Yeah... I'm a much better watcher than I am a player. How about you?

Comments

  1. Hitting the ball over the fence is the down side of tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Judy, I'm a fellow bespectacled person, and I remember getting hit in the face with a ball. Very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked playing sports as a kid, but like you I was definitely not an athlete. I was the pudgy one who would prefer to be under a tree with a book, but could enjoy it while I was out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pattern seems to be emerging. Writers Against Gym Classes, Unite!

    We used to visit parks that had tetherballs, but I never saw anyone playing with them...is it an actual game? Are there rules? How would a point be scored? Tetherball *looked* like just plain amusement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment