Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: A Famous Book I've Never Read and Why




If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. Today's topic is "a famous book I've never read." Click here to see the rest of the topics for the year.

This is easy.... almost every book written by Nicholas Sparks. I read The Notebook and cried. I read Message in a Bottle and cried. And yes, I read A Walk to Remember.... and cried.

I don't like crying in books....not just getting a tiny bit weepy, but full on ugly crying. So... Mr. Sparks had three chances to entertain me with his writing, and he made me cry every time. So, books that are famous (because I definitely know he's a great writer and a lot of people really know him and his works) include:

The Rescue
A Bend in the Road
Nights in Rodanthe
The Guardian
The Wedding
Three Weeks with My Brother
True Believer
At First Sight
Dear John
The Choice
The Lucky One
The Last Song
Safe Haven
The Best of Me
The Longest Ride
See Me
Two by Two
Every Breath
The Return

Feel free to let me know if any of these are "tear-free" books :-)

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    I don’t think I’ve ever read any of Sparks books.

    Hopefully, someone else will know which of those titles are tear-free. I’m not a big fan of crying while reading either. :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes me empathize with the characters, its okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I'm completely siding with you on this: I don't read Nicholas Sparks because that is not something I want to put myself through. Some people obviously do, and I hope it's cathartic for them, but I am not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one of Sparks' books I've read is The Notebook and I enjoyed it. I preferred the book to the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment