Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Something Funny that Happened to Me




If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. Today's topic is "something funny that happened to me." Click here to see the rest of the topics for the year.

Once upon a time, a group of middle-aged women went together to England, Irelend, and Scotland. Two were married, one was not, but none of them were adverst to flirting with good-looking men on the trip. One of the day trips they took was to Inishmore, one of the Aran Islands.



It's necessary to take a ferry from the mainland and, traveling on the same ferry, was a very nice-looking man, who just happened to be from not only the USA, but also the city and state these ladies were from. Of course, they fell into talking like travelers will.

Upon landing, the foursome shared one of the wonderful horse-drawn carriages on the way to visit the ruins of an iron-age fort, Dun Aengus.



The guy (let's call him Mike because this was a LONG time ago and who remembers names?), being much fitter than the three middle-aged women, went on ahead and climbed the steps up to the fort. Steps is really a bit of a misnomer...the ground is rough and stony and did go up in elevation. I tried to find some good images online, but... alas.... no luck. So.... think shallow but fairly large steps, rough hewn, lots of stones.....

I had just gotten to the top....the very last step before going into the ruins proper....the tip of my shoe caught on the step and down I came....right at Mike's feet.

Surprisingly enough, I wasn't hurt and I wasn't even mortified. I rolled over, looked up at him, laughed and said, "Well, there's nothing like having a woman literally fall at your feet."

My friends told me later that they would have helped me up, but they were laughing too hard.. I must have been a site. All I can say is I was and am grateful that there were not pictures taken!

And, there you have it.... just one of my funny, clutzy stories.

Comments

  1. Oh, this is too funny! I’m glad you weren’t hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I could fall up the stairs, I am so clutsy...and, well, I've done it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment