Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Favorite Crafty Thing to Do




Once upon a time, I enjoyed doing crafts. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 6 or 7. She taught me to sew about the same time (she was such a wonderful seamstress.... she would take us to look at dresses downtown, find the ones we liked, study them in the store, then go home and cut out the pattern to make the dress for us at home. I'm not that good... lol) However, I did make my daughter a Japanese kimono for a class presentation when she was in high school. I've also crocheted each of my grandchildren a blanket.

I also really enjoy counted cross stitch and embroidery (another thing my grandmother taught me... the first thing I embroidered was a table scarf.)

I enjoy painting...I used to draw when I was a kid, but didn't start painting until a friend and heer husband started doing a Paint and Sip class. I absolutely loved it! Not sure if I have any talent for it, but I sure did have fun.



However, I don't have time for crafts currently. Between work, my mom, the house.. well, you name it and my time is pretty well taken up. One day I hope to get back to having time. And, who knows? I might learn about a new craft I'd like to try during this blogging challenge :-)

Comments

  1. I like your paintings!

    Wow, your grandmother was a talented seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreaded sandwich generation. Been there. I like your paintings, especially the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice assortment of crafty activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can find time once again to return to the crafts that you have done. Your paintings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paintings. I tried painting myself once, but I freely admit I'm terrible at it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment