Wednesday Weekly Blog Challenge: Using the Library vs. Buying Books

div class="separator">



I pretty well grew up in the library, worked in the library during college, and it was one of my most recent jobs before (and during) our Long and Short Reviews/Goddess Fish endeavor. I absolutely love the library, and I don't see buying books and using the library as being exclusive. There are times for both of them.

I love the library for introducing me to new authors I might not otherwise find. Our little town doesn't have a bookstore to browse, so the library becomes my "bookstore" as it were. And, quite frankly, if I had to buy everything I wanted to read, 1. we couldn't afford it and 2. my house would be even more cluttered by books than it already is.

Of course, these days I do most of my buying in digital form.... I can take an entire library with me wherever I go... but there's still a place of honor for some of the authors and series I love the most, and that's where my buying books comes in. Oh... and if I'm ever at an author gathering. I do love autographed books!

Comments

  1. It’s so cool that you worked at a library in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic to utilize both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like borrowing books on kindle using the library app. That way my kindle doesn't fill up with tons of e-books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely on the buying side of that equation, but I do love libraries too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I was a teenager, my local library used to joke they were going to start charging me rent for the amount of time I used to spend there. I'm looking forward to getting back to going to it again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the autographed books. I have a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment