Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: A Perfect Weekend Getaway




Fortunately, this is one I don't need to imagine... because I get to (mostly) experience it on a regular basis. We are lucky enough to have a "home away from home" in Florida... 150 miles door to door from our "real" home. It's not very big, but it's big enough for the two of us (there is an extra bedroom, just in case).

What I like about it is that it's uber-relaxing. It's only around 800 square feet, so there is truly is a case of having a place for everything, and everything in its place. Otherwise we would be tripping over things! And, what that translates to is... I don't have to spend a lot of time cleaning up. At the "real" house...there is always SOMETHING to do. So to just sit and relax is almost impossible. (you do note I said almost, right?)

We don't do a lot while we are there. I do have friends I will see during the weekend (it's a small community, so it's easy to hang out... at home, we live in the country kinda-sorta, so when we get home, we tend to stay home.) We might go to the beach, we might go out to eat, I have my computer so I still do work.... but we just enjoy hanging out together. And that, in my mind, is what makes it perfect.

Comments

  1. When I was growing up my grandparents had a cabin in the mountains that was a two-hour drive away. We would spend weekends there to getaway and it was heaven for me as a young boy. I liked climbing the hills there.
    Glad you have such a place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water, community and a small space. Sounds ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great place just to relax and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment