Wednesday Blogging Challenge: A Real Life Event No One Would Believe




I've been puzzling over this for... ah.. at least 30 seconds, and I've come to realize I have a very boring life. Does this real life event have to have happened to me? Can I scrounge around the internet and find one of Ripley's Believe it or Not stories?

I lived in Morocco for a couple of years, and my younger sister was born there. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything about it, since I was under the age of four. However, for any other military brats out there (Daddy was in the Navy), it's not terribly unbelievable. I did, however, develop my fear of needles there.

We lived off base and one of the locals had given me a puppy...who proceeded to bite me just above my eye. Because it had been born off-base and because it was too young to have had its shots.... I had to go through the rabies series at the age of 3. Took me forcing myself to go give blood as an adult before I got over being terrified of needles (and I still can't watch them give me a shot or put the needle in my arm).

or... 

Marianne Arkins, and I have known each other for years (around 20) and been business partners for nearly that long (Long and Short Reviews and Goddess Fish Promotions ) but it was only last summer that we met in real life.



or.... 

One day my husband was leaving home for a job. I was seeing him off and heard a cat. He didn't hear anything so I figured it was one of the many mockingbirds we have around the house. So, he drove the 45 miles down the interstate to where the job was. Later that day, the phone rang. Seems the man he was working with went to him and said, "Mr. Bob, I think there's a cat under your truck." They started looking and, sure enough, saw two bright bright eyes shining from the spare tire mounted under the truck. They tried and tried to get the kitten out, but neither of them could, nor could they figure out how to get the spare time loose. So, Bob finished the job, then drove the 45 miles BACK up the interstate to our mechanic who was able to get the kitten out. Meet S.T.:

Sometime this past year

 

I don't know, y'all... I got nothin'.

Comments

  1. I like these stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't really think of real life stories, hence I took a different approach. But I think that you and Marianne worked for almost twenty years without meeting would have baffled people for most of the history of humanity, so I think it counts. And I love the kitty story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cat, he must have been scared stiff going through those rides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment