Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Best Mother in Fiction




What a great topic for the Wednesday before Mother's Day! The actual question is best mom in a book/movie/tv show. The mom I have in mind is in books and tv show. She is smart.... loves her kids (adopted and birthed) and supports them in everything they want to do... adores her husband. I vote Claire Fraser for mom of all the years!

She lost her first child, Faith (stillborn) and it's a loss she carried with her every day.

Her living child, Brianna, who she supported in every way - even returning to her present so Bree could have a father when Claire thought Jamie had died at Cullodon.

She's stepmother to Jamie's biological son, William (who calls her Mother Claire).

Jamie had adopted Fergus during the time he and Claire were apart, and Fergus in married to Marsali (Jamie's stepdaughter via his in-name-only marriage to Laoghaire - who swore that Claire was a witch out of jealousy).

And...there are the grandchildren.

Claire takes in and cares for many other strays...sometimes to her own detriment. A mother...putting her children's needs above her own.

What about you?

Comments

  1. Claire sounds like a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to Google since I had no idea who she was, but you're right - she's definitely an amazing mother!

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Culloden brought the title to me. Your're right She is a good mother through all books and seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to go look it up. I've had the series recommended to me, but never managed to read it. Sounds like an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment