Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: One Meal Everyone Should Try




My daughter introduced me to a wonderful meal that combines two of my favorite things: potatoes and TexMex. I love tacos, but sometimes find them a bit too messy and aggravating to put together. My daughter told me about a dish they have every other week or so... it's so easy and so versatile: Totchos (thnk nachos with tater tots).

It's the easiest thing in the world to put together. Stick a bag of frozen tater tots in the oven to bake in a casserole dish (just follow the directions... about 20 minutes). While they are cooking, brown your ground beef and mix in taco seasoning (no water) -- drain the ground beef first if necessary. I also mix in a can of black beans (you can add corn if you want... or you can leave out the ground beef for a vegetarian version... just double up on the black beans).

Once the tater tots are done, spread the ground beef over them. Add grated cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese melts.

Serve with all your favorite taco toppings (sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado).

A one-dish meal ready in about half an hour.

Bon appétit!

Comments

  1. This sure sounds tasty! I’d never heard of making “nachos” this way before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment