Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Ways to Show Someone You Love Them




Such an appropriate topic the Wednesday before Valentines Day. But, you don't have to (and in fact, you shouldn't) wait for a special day to show people you love them... significant other or friends or family. This should be a year round endeavor.

Everyone has a love language... a way that they both receive and give love. And, we tend to give love in the same way we like to receive love. Here's a nifty little quiz to help you learn yours, in case you've never known. So many problems come when two partners speak different love languages... but I digress.

I've always known that mine are gift giving and acts of service. I love picking out the perfect present for people. Something that makes me think of them. Another digression... I love to give friends sercies (and if you don't know what it is, check out this quick article.)

I also love to do something special, yet simple, for my husband especially... like cook him his favorite meal when I know he's been out working hard. On days when he's not working (he owns his own company and if the weather is bad, he can't work) he will do the laundry or clean up the kitchen so I can continue working. It's one of his ways of showing his love for me.

Whatever way you like to show your love, don't wait. We are not promised tomorrow. Let the people in your life know they matter to you...every day.

Comments

  1. I couldn’t agree with you more! Life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the concept of sercies -- it's something we do in my family, but I didn't realize there was a specific word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the book Love languages. Those languages really help translate how people show and like to receive love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Love Languages book. Probably should review that! Thanks for sharing. My post is up - a little late, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment