Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Favorite Book Genre and Why




I have very very eclectic tastes. I enjoy romantic suspense, mysteries, Young Adult, fantasy... and I adore series of all the above. Especially because I like getting to know the characters and following them on their adventures.

I don't mind a bit of darkness in my reading. I told a friend of mine that I think part of it is that I am by nature a very cheerful person so I need a bit of darkness to balance myself out. Who knows? I do know that I do not like straight romance... it needs to be mixed with suspense or fantasy or something... yep, I'm weird.

Comments

  1. I like to jump around various genres, too!

    I rarely read romance, but I’ll pick it up sometimes if it’s mixed in with a paranormal or speculative fiction plot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like straight out romance either. I need something else in the story for me to be interested in reading it. I like dark stuff to. Especially dark humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy a wide variety of genres too, but haven't read a lot of just plain "literary" fiction. Not too keen on the dark elements, but I know what you mean, they can be quite gripping (Girl on a Train, type of thing for me at least). My post is up! http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/02/todays-blog-challenge.html Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of my favorites are things that really don't fall neatly into one genre or another, so I'm absolutely with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whereas I do like certain genres, I also belong to book groups and writing groups which by nature require me to expand my reading range. Variety is great. That's the bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little bit of light, little bit of darkness :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree on straight romance - it has to have something else in it to interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very much an eclectic reader - I like a little bit of everything, though I always end up coming back to sci-fi, horror and chick-lit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment