Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: What Inventive Ways do you Have to Keep Warm?




This is very appropriate right now because it's down-right COLD in the deep south. I know the people up north laugh at us when we get winter weather down here, but our blood isn't used to this. My grandmama used to say she would get cold down to her bones, and I do understand.

I don't have any particularly inventive ways to stay warm. We have a fireplace which at least gives off a cheerful fire, even if it doesn't do too much for the heat in the room unless you are right up at it. I have a beautiful blanket (nice and soft) with pictures of one set of grandkids on it, that I keep over my legs when I'm working. During cold weather I always make sure I'm dressed appropriately (no running around in shorts for this girl during this kind of weather, thankyouverymuch). Hot coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate are your friends.

I have even been known to slip an electric heating pad under my feet if I get TOO cold.

I would be very grateful for more suggestions. It's a lot time til spring!

Comments

  1. Heating pads are a good idea!

    Do you own any pairs of very thick socks? Wool is good if you can handle the itchiness of them, but there are plenty of synthetic and other fibres that can work well, too. I find that I can feel warmer if my feet are kept as warm as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A working fireplace sounds nice! I don't have anything really creative either, it's mainly just multiple layers of clothing and staying indoors as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a fireplace. I had one in my prior house and that got me through some cold times. It also helps make it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a working fireplace. We're in a new build property so no such luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment