Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: What I Thought of Santa as a Kid




I grew up in the late '50s and '60s, and Santa was always a mainstay in our Christmas decorations...but I don't remember anything crazy. I don't even remember asking Santa for anything in particular. We did leave milk and cookies out on Christmas Eve, and the glass and plate were always empty the next morning. Proof!

On Christmas morning, when we woke up, my sister and I could open our stockings and see what Santa had left us, and we could play with our gift from Santa. It was only one gift and it was unwrapped.

When it was time for breakfast, we had to wait at the table until my grandfather was finished before we could actually open presents and he always took sooooooooooooooooooo long. He never ever dawdled over breakfast like he did on Christmas morning! lol

And, it was the wrapped presents we were always so excited over.

I remembered that I believed in Santa long after most of my friends didn't... or maybe I just wanted to hold on to that bit of magic a little longer.

Comments

  1. It’s interesting that you believed in Santa for so long!

    I wonder if your grandfather dawdled on purpose. :)

    My grandparents love Christmas, so they drag out every part of it as long as possible. We always had to sing carols and read the story of Jesus’ birth before touching a single present. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Santa was not part of my traditions growing up, I truly relate to the need to hold on to magic as long as we can. The world really needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad was also a dawdler - I know the feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment