Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Traditional Thanksgiving Foods I Like




Our Thanksgiving dinner doesn't change. It's exactly the same dinner we had as I was growing up. And, my children include some of the same foods in their own Thanksgiving dinners. Here you go:

Roasted Turkey (this year we are only doing a turkey breast because those of us that will be home all like white meat)
Cornbread Dressing (not stuffing)
Green bean casserole (yes, the kind with the French Fried onions on top)
Mashed potatoes
Both brown gravy and giblet gravy
Shoepeg corn (when I can find them)
Jellied cranberry sauce
Freshly made whole cranberry sauce
Deviled eggs
My mama's special orange salad (my 8 year old granddaughter now makes that for their Thanksgiving meal every year... she started helping her mom make it when she was 2)
Brown and serve dinner rolls
various pies depending on what my husband is in the mood for

I'm getting hungry just reading about it. And... I need to get started!

Comments

  1. My family serves devilled eggs for Thanksgiving, too! I’d forgotten to include that dish. It’s delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved deviled eggs. We don't have them for Thanksgiving but I would love to add it to our tradition. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always the one who ends up making the deviled eggs. I included these in the appetizers part of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound like anybody's in danger of going hungry over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner rolls! Corn! Fresh cranberry sauce (love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do regret that we don't do Thanksgiving in the UK - that sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment