Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Scariest Book I've Ever Read




Books normally don't scare me. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Peter Straub.... and while they may have kept me on the edge of my seat, they have never really scared me.

However, I read this book and it scared the bejesus out of me:

Barry and Maureen found the house of their dreams in Utah's beautiful Bonita Vista. It didn't bother them that they had to join a homeowner's association. They just never realized the Association would invade every aspect of their lives and that the penalty for bending the rules could be the death of them...


It scared me because I could so see this actually happening. If you have ever lived under an HOA (or know someone who does), you know they have a huge amount of power... and it's legal. So, yeah, reading a story that I can really see happening... that's scary stuff right there!

Comments

Post a Comment