Friday Five: herb solid jaw slime shift



Welcome to this week's Five Word Friday writing prompt. The challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to use the following five words: herb solid jaw slime shift

Charity Windhouse glanced at the man sitting by the window. The bruise on his solid jaw was darkening quickly. As she reached for the arnica oil she had prepared earlier in the month, she asked him, "So... how bad does the other guy look?"

He shifted uncomfortably in his chair, but didn't say a word.

She shook her head. It never ceased to amaze her the trouble men could get into. But, it was really none of her business. He had just come for the herbal remedy and apparently did not want to talk about how the bruise came about.

"I'll go ahead and apply this now, then will give you some ointment to take home," she said, pouring a little of the oil in her palm.

"It better not be as slimy as that stuff you put on me last time," he said as he grabbed his hand.

"I swear, I will never understand how a big strong man can have a problem with texture like you do. And, no, that was a slippery elm bark poultice. Now, let me finish this so you can get out of my way and let me get back to my work."

Comments