Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Meet My Pets




My very first pet was a dachshound named Greta. I'm a woman "of a certain age" so that was many decades ago...so, I don't have a picture of her. However, she looked just like this:



Unfortunately, she was stolen out of our backyard one day while we were out (the gate was locked and there were signs the fence had been climbed). I cried for days.

Don't worry, I'm not going to regale you with all the pets I've had over the years. I currently have just one: S.T.:



Above is a picture about 4 months after we found her... or rather how she found us. She was trapped in the Spare Tire (see what I did there?) of my husband's work truck. The vet, when we got her out, said she was about 7 weeks old. That was four years ago. Here's the latest picture (that I've taken... it's several months old):



Until a few months ago, we also had a second cat, D.C. (points to the first person who knows the inspiration for that name). Unfortunately, we lost her to cancer, and we miss her terribly. She was just a sweet cat(unless it came to S.T.... there was no love lost there. She was an old lady who was not at all impressed with a rambunctious youngster):



However, occasionally she would tolerate S.T.:

What about you?

Comments

  1. I’m sorry for your loss of Greta and D.C.

    Spare Tire is a great name for a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love everyone's pets, even if they get old and crabby. I'm sorry you lost your first pup, but I'm glad you rescued the rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe someone actually stole your dog. Its hard to lose pets, to lose one like that. Spare Tire is a doll, and its a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the names. My last two cats were Astrophe and Wayward; both were foundlings. I do still miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about DC. She was a lovely cat and sounds like Nayla. Nayla will play with Sunny but barely tolerates Violet, go figure.

    And ST is adorable!

    My kitties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually had a total of 4 ads in my life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about DC, and it's terrible that someone stole your dog. ST is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize cats could get cancer too. I am so sorry, must have been painful. But you have S.T., and may I add, S.T. in the cloak is very handsome! :)
    ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about Greta and DC. ST is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment