Friday Five: utter, store, proud, begin, amuse



Welcome to this week's Five Word Friday writing prompt. The challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to use the following five words: utter, store, proud, begin, amuse

"Did you hear about the cow that tried to jump a barbed wire fence?"

We were waiting on the bus after school, and I groaned. I had been hoping he wouldn't begin with these again. It was so embarrassing being John's older sister sometimes.

"Utter disaster," he went on, hardly missing a beat, grinning proudly at the laughs he got.

Why he always thought it had to be his responsibility to amuse all of us at the bus stop, I didn't know. And there were times, like today, I wish he wouldn't.

I rolled my eyes and turned my back on him to talk to Lizzie about making plans to go shopping over the weekend. There was a new store having its grand opening, and I was sure my mom would take us. Hopefully she wouldn't make us take John too. That would ruin everything!

Comments

Post a Comment