I'm acting on the assumption that we are not talking about family and friends - those are not items. Would the Internet be considered "an item"? I think not, but it's definitely something I don't want to be without - because without it, some of the next things wouldn't be as needed as they are :-)
Now that I've thoroughly made this a lot more difficult that it needs to be... in no particular order, here are five things that I probably could literally live without, but life would be a whole less rewarding/enjoyable/etc.:
1. My smart phone - I keep up with my family, friends, work, life - everything - with my phone. I text my kids and get to be a part of their lives through pictures they send, even though they all live hundreds of miles away. I was at my son's wedding this past weekend and was able to see my oldest daughter for the first time in over a year; yet, because we have chatted and zoomed with regularity it was almost like we had seen each other last week. Because of my phone, I've been able to see my granddaughter getting ready to start first grade from getting her first day at school haircut to trying on her uniform! (just so you know... she's adorable!!)
2. My air fryer - if you are in the market for one, I absolutely recommend this one. It folds up out of the way when you aren't using it; it's the perfect size to make sheet pan meals for my husband and I (and usually in only about 20 minutes!); I can enjoy french fries that (on Weight Watcher's purple plan are 0 points... I mean, what's not to love. Oh, and it makes great toast. Keeps the kitchen cooler than the oven, easy to clean... I love it!
3. My instant pot - (are you sensing a theme here? I love gadgets). With my IP, I can go from frozen chicken to a delicious chicken'n'rice is less than 30 minutes. And, I've recently learned I can cook up to 3 pounds of bacon (cut into about 1" pieces) without splattering... drain and put in the fridge for sandwichs, omelets, salads.. you name it. Game changer!
4. My computer - it was down a bit recently and I was completely lost. I didn't know what to do with myself (I'm kidding... I cleaned house.. lol). I have learned, though, that I don't "just sit" well... I have to be doing something. So, there's that. Once I retire, my house will be immaculate.... lol.
5. My pool - especially during the summer. We are having issues with it right now, and I'm having withdrawal. Swimming is my exercise of choice. And, I'm missing the water.
How about you? What would you have trouble living without?
I really need to try an instant pot sometime! You and Marianne keep saying such wonderful things about them. :)ReplyDelete
I've been debating an instantpot, too. Hmmmm.....ReplyDelete
I can't imagine a world without my iphone or computer either.ReplyDelete
I agree on the phone and the air fryer. My air fryer has been a godsend since I've been dieting.ReplyDelete
The phone and the computer are great ones!ReplyDelete
Great list! I'm debating whether to buy an air fryer... but I wonder if it is that much different from the toaster oven. 🤔ReplyDelete