Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Best Biography or Autobiography



Okay, confession time. I do not generally read non-fiction for entertainment. Non-fiction has its place, but in my life it is normally something I use as research. So, I'm going to a friend for this answer, and then I have an answer of my own.

She recently told me that she was amazed. She had discovered a book she had never heard about (which, quite frankly surprised me!) She was looking over her grandson's list of suggested summer reading and saw The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. She is currently reading it and thoroughly enjoying it!

For my answer, I hesitate mentioning it because technically, it is not a biography. However, the purpose of a biography/autobiography is to let you know a person and, I believe, this book does. It's been years since I've read it, but it still touches my soul (and I think I'm do for a re-read....don't faint, Marianne. I do re-read occasionslly!!)... The Diary of Anne Frank.

I'm interested to see what you recommend.

Comments

  1. YOU. Re-read??? ::: faints dead away :::

    Good choices, though. Ben Franklin was an interesting guy. It would be fascinating to ready about his life from his own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Diary of Anne Frank is a good pick!

    I’m adding The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin to my TBR. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices. :-) I liked that you phoned a friend for this one, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diary of Ann Frank is a great choice. Like you, I don't read non-fiction outside work, but this one I did read, and would re-read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choices. I've read Anne Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't generally enjoy nonfiction, either, but I remember reading the Diary of Ann Frank, and it is an excellent pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choices. It's been years since I read Anne Frank.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment