Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: A Person Who Inspires Me



This is probably the easiest blog post I've ever written. There's an easy answer: my mother.

Mama was a single mother back in the 60s (my dad was in the Navy and decided he didn't want a family any more). We moved to south Georgia when I was five and lived with Grandmama and Granddaddy. Mama worked and Grandmama watched us. Mama had a strong faith and, even though we might not have had everything we wanted, we definitely had everything we needed. I credit Mama for my enjoyment of card and board games. If she had a little extra money, she would use it to buy a new game. She said that she would much rather spend the money on things we could enjoy more than one time. We did go to the movies occasionally, but it was always a treat.

She is a strong woman and always has a great attitude along with a strong work ethic. She had a stroke on April 26, 2006, and her attitude has still been remarkable. She's always smiling and loves company. Everyone at the nursing home loves her.

She inspires me to always do my best, to live life to the fullest, to trust in God and myself (in that order), and to love.

Comments

  1. Your mother is an incredible woman! Great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blog post. What a great role model. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're mother sounds like a strong, caring lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! You're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer. What a remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment