Five Word Friday: image bar express redeem privilege



Welcome to this week's Five Word Friday writing prompt. The challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to use the following five words: image bar express redeem privilege

*****


NOTE FROM AUTHOR: You may have guessed that I am not a linear writer. This particular scene follows this one.

*****


Sister Mary Frances raised the icy glass to her forehead, thanking God for the blessed relief. What on earth made her think she could walk the two miles to town in this heat. Aye, and wasn't she a right eejit? She'd not walked that far in donkey's years.Thank the good Lord he'd led her to a place she could get some help.

She took a deep breath, opened her eyes, and.... Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Was she in a bar?

With a small prayer, she closed her eyes again. Perhaps the heat had made her eyes go all wonky. Surely He would not have led her to a bar for help. She opened her eyes again, but the image remained the same.

A man sat across the table from her, a quizzical expression on his face.

"Are you feeling better now?" His voice, more than his words, expressed concern.

"Yes, thank you...but I'm not sure how I came to be here. I was heading to the food bank. My car broke down, and I needed to deliver the food, but I couldn't carry it all..." She clamped her mouth shut, aware that she was babbling. She took a sip of the ice water in an attempt to redeem herself and regain her composure.

"Ah," he said. "I'm taking it you really are a sister? Not going to a costume party?"

"Aye, I have the privilege to be serving at the Convent of the Holy Family and was stranded on the side of the road, I'm afraid."

Comments

  1. Aaaaaaaaand ... we're back with your stranded nun. :-)

    Are you keeping all your storylines in your head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Mary Francis is back:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment