Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Recent Topics I've Googled



My Google search is all over the board. My husband and I will be talking, and a question comes up. The first thing we do is Google it (or IMDB it if we're trying to decide who that actor is in the show we're watching...we both know we know him, but... ). Other times, I'm checking out how to do something (usually for my husband, who is trying to fix something around the house). Or I'll have gotten a wild hair about something and have to satisfy my curiousity. Othertimes, I've been guilty of using it instead of dictionary to figure out how to spell a word. So, with that in mind, I pulled up Google and found this:

Searched for diana dors
Searched for weston-super-mare
Searched for this is us cassidy
Searched for simon and the oaks wikipedia
Searched for oak and boy finds out he's adopted swedish drama

These are in backwards order....Diana Dors was mentioned in an English comedy we were watching (The Cafe) which is set in Weston-Super-Mare.

I was watching This is Us and knew I had seen Cassidy before... what else was it she was in? Oh, yes, she was Emma on Once Upon a Time!

Bob and I had been watching a Swedish movie and all I could remember was that it as the work "oak" in the title.

So, there you have yesterday's searches... it's kinda neat to look back and see what things have tickled your curiousity.

Comments

  1. Google is wonderful and satisfying your curiosity about all kinds of things and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a couple of seasons behind on This Is Us, but it's such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have my phone with me to google everything I don't know. I can't imagine how I ever lived with out it, given how insatiably curious I am. Really fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMDB I get lost in that a lot.😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the IMDB thing a LOT. I'm awful when it comes to remembering actors and actresses and my husband wasn't ever any help. I'd say, "God, he looks familiar, what has he been in?" And he'd reply, "Oh, he's been in a lot of things." BECAUSE THAT HELPS ME HONEY. LOL

    It's good to know that others' searches are as odd as mine are sometimes.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to go down the IMDB rabbit hole. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny that you google for actors/movies, etc. I'm a solid IMDB user for that. I do the same thing, though, when I see an actor I KNOW I know ... MUST FIND OUT. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't generally go looking for actors, but the "pull out the phone and check on something" response is definitely me! In my case, it's frequently word etymologies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment