Five Word Friday: publish, loss, dragon, result, pest



Welcome to this week's Five Word Friday writing prompt. The challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to use the following five words: publish, loss, dragon, result, pest

*****


I sighed and figuratively threw the manuscript into the trashcan. I imagine that an author in the days before computers and digital rejections would have found it immensely satisfying to dispose of an unwanted piece of work with just finality. No great loss to the publishing world, that's for sure. Why did I ever think I could write a decent story about dragons anyway? And why would I want to be a pest, asking my friends to read it? The result would be the same either way. I'm just not cut out to be a writer.

Comments

  1. Awww man... been there, done more or less that. The emotion shines through. :-) Good one, even if it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your narrator! Not so much with the writing part (I'm not brave enough to even attempt publishing), but all the rest, totally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now what would have happened with JK Rowling had thought the same thing? Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment