Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Books I Chose Based on the Cover or Title



I don't normally choose books based on their covers (contrariwise, I do NOT buy books because of their covers), but a good cover will make me pick up a book I might normally not.

Here, in no particular order, are book covers I particularly like:



Kate Morton has some absolutely beautiful covers.



Cassandra Clare also has some beautiful covers. You can see the covers from her Shadowhunter Chronicles here, but a couple of my favorites are:



Here are some random book covers from some of our tours I find appealing:



I am more intrigued by titles than covers. One book that comes to mind that I chose to read just because of the title was The Time Traveler's Wife. It didn't hurt that the cover was nice :-) I recently started watching the movie -- I was interrupted, but what I saw I really enjoyed.

This one is one of my favorite book titles... I just love to say it:

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I've been right there with you, Alexander!

When I first saw this, I was defintely intrigued and was not disappointed - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is the first in a series I thoroughly enjoy! Highly recommended!

What about you? What book covers/titles have you intrigued?

Comments

  1. I smile every time I read the title of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. We've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great choices. I've felt like Alexander with his day a lot lately, so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexander and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad day certainly takes me back! I'm also now remembering Noisy Nora, which was one of my mother's childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All have great covers, but Alexander and the .... is a really great book and I made sure my children and now grand children read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree about the titles. I will pick up an interesting title (or open it on Amazon) and look more deeply but not necessarily an interesting cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Alexander's title on a regular basis in regular conversation, lol. I wonder if the author realized that type of thing would happen when it was written?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was also intrigued by The Time Traveler's Wife, and I did like the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment