Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: If I Won a Large Lottery Jackpot, I Would...



I have thought about this a lot. I don't play often, but I still dream about "what if..."

The first thing I would do is make sure it's protected... lawyer, here I come. But, after all the legalities are done, I would pay off everything we owe. We don't owe a lot, but it would be nice to not owe anyone.

Next, we have 4 kids and 6 grandkids. We would set each of them up a trust fund and have it where they could not touch the principal until they were 60 or so. Let them have the interest. I want them to have little enough they still have to work, but enough they can choose to work at what they love with the money not being a huge consideration.

Then, we have our home... and there are a lot of things I would love to do with it to make it nicer (enclose the pool, finish projects...if you are a homeowner, you know the kind of things)

We also have a house in Florida. And, I love it... but I would also like a house a bit further north closer to the grandkids. Three homes isn't too much to ask for, right?

Marianne and I have talked about setting up a Goddess Fish authors' retreat (that can be the third house ). We'll have Goddess Fish meet'n'greets. Hire someone to run the show while we buy the Goddess Fish-mobile and travel around meeting hosts and authors.... sigh.. that would be nice.

And we would set up the rest of it in charitable trusts... there are so many needs.

How about you?

Comments

  1. Very smart with setting up trusts for the kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patrick! Trust funds are a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to travel the country in a giant green Fish-Mobile! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. And I love the idea of a writer retreat. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ideas. Y'all can come visit my mini-castle in the fish-mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of an authors' retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment