Five Word Friday: increase, retire, dairy, hiccup, verdict



Welcome to this week's Five Word Friday writing prompt. The challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to use the following five words: increase, retire, dairy, hiccup, verdict

*****


She held her breath, trying to control the hiccups that plagued her. Stress only increased their frequency and, although her sister sweared that drinking milk would help, dairy caused her a whole 'nother set of problems. She pressed her hands against her stomach. I swear, once this verdict is in, I might just retire.

"Please rise," intoned the resonant voice of the bailiff.

Comments

  1. In my mind, we've fast forwarded to the end of the painting story... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl - she and my kid are in the same boat re: dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dun de dum dum, what's it going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel her pain. Dairy does that to me also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment