Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Recipe from Georgia



It is no secret I love to cook (and my husband says he loves to eat...so we're a match made in heaven). When I think of recipes from Georgia (and probably most of the south), my first thought is pecan pie! Our home sits in an old pecan orchard and we have LOTS of trees around us (and this time of year, LOTS of nuts). There are many recipes out there, but this is one of my favorites.

It's one of Paula Deen's recipes. She grew up just 45 minutes away from me in Albany, Georgia, so there's not much more Georgian than that!

You can also find it on many other sites online...one I saw said it was from the 1964 Pillsbury BakeOff Book. I love the "mystery" ingredient in this!! Ingredients

2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon each for pie and topping) vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (plus 1/4 cup sugar for topping) sugar
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
4 (1 for pie, 3 for topping) eggs
1 deep dish pie shell
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup light corn syrup

Directions

Blend together 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, 1 egg and pour in bottom of unbaked pie shell, top with chopped pecans.

Topping:

Mix 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup light corn syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour on top of pecans. Bake in 350 °F oven for 45 minutes.

Comments

  1. I love pecan pie, this recipe sounds good. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I'm not wild about nuts, but this does sound good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this pound sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Never had a pecan pie, might have to remedy that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby loves Pecan pie. I'll just print this off and make it this weekend. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/recipes-from-my-city-state-country-lsrs-wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pssst ... I love to eat, too.

    And of course pecans :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I prefer cake and chocolate, I do prefer pecan pie over fruit pies, walmart has mini pies which my family gets for pi day, and the last time they had mini pecan pies. Pecan trees are native to the south, that must be why the pie is popular here/there, I looked that up to see. This challenge is so cool.

    Also the perennial how do you say pecan. I say something like puhcahn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not normally into nuts, but this sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment