Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Re-reading Books. Why or Why Not?



Today's post is all about re-reading books...and, for the most part, that would be a no for me (or at least not until a LONG time had passed so I don't remember the book very well). I find I'm the same way with TV shows/movies... for the most part, I tend not to. There are too many out there to discover and my time is limited.

That being said...

There are a very few books that call out to me to be reread. I used to read Lord of the Rings every year or two... my time is not my own these days, and it's hard to find time to even read books the first time, but I still have them on my shelf and one day, I'll get the chance to read it again. There is just so much richness to that series that I'm always discovering something new.

To Kill a Mockingbird is another one I enjoy rereading.

But, as my grandmother would have said, those are the exceptions that prove the rule. What about you?

Comments

  1. The Lord of the Rings is one I've re-read, too. Wonderful books! I didn't realize how much I re-read until after I wrote my post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never finished LOTR -- I literally get about half through Return of the King and lose interest, and I have no idea why. Happens every time...

    You already know I think you're a psychopath for not re-reading or re-watching. But I still love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choice. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-re-reading-books-why-or-why-not/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many books and so many movies, so I get it and I tend to be like you where I don't reread. But I've been known to watch some movies again and again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What made you pick LoTR and To Kill a Mockingbird to reread in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two good choices to re-read. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/10/wc-101420.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is interesting to me, because I'm exactly the other way around; the busier I get, the more likely I am to re-read something instead of trying to wrap my head around something new. My response is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, completely the opposite to me. I like the familiarity! Though I agree with you on LotR -- I've studied the books and written essays on them and even still, there are still new things that jump out at me when I reread. There's always something new to get from them.

    Here's my post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment