Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Silliest Pet Peeves



Okay... I have some serious pet peeves, but the majority of them have to do with grammar, so ipso facto, they are not silly. I mean, really.... there are some things that are essential in a civilized society. Am I right? Of course I'm right.

But, I do admit to having some pet peeves that a lot of people might find silly. So, in no particular order, here are a few of them:

Okay.. this one goes way back, but people who take the last piece of ice out and put the empty ice tray back in the freezer (yes, children, I'm talking to you). Let's expand that one into present day...anyone who has finished everything except one teaspoon, one swallow, one etc. in a container and puts it back in the refrigerator. If it's not enough for another full serving, go ahead and eat it or throw it away.

People who leave their shopping carts anywhere they please in the parking lot instead of taking them to the cart corral. Seriously?? Addendum.. people who DO take their shopping carts back but instead of putting it actually IN the corral, block the entrance to said corral so nobody else can put their carts in.

Screeching on chalkboards (or any sound similar)... 'nuff said.

How about you? What are some of your pet peeves?

Comments

  1. that shopping cart thing gets to me, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that shopping cart thing definitely is annoying.

    My <a href="http://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-my-silliest-pet-peeve/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, gosh yes! Using the last of something and not replacing it when it takes two seconds. And blocking the shopping cart corral. YES. Why take it all the way back when it takes on moment to insert it correctly. That's why the quarter/pound scheme works so well in my opinion.

    Check mine out! https://whiskeyonmykindleblog.wordpress.com/2020/04/22/wednesday-challenge-my-silliest-pet-peeves/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is when the people with the cart look at you, know you see them, watch them casually shove the cart off in any direction, then hurry, like they've done something wrong, into the car. (I know I went berserk with the commas there). Or the ones that push the cart right up to someone else's car. They can't be bothered to push it two spots over to the cart corral. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shopping cart thing is irksome when you have to stop, get out and move them so you can pull into the parking space. http://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/04/wednesday-challenge-042220.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes on both of yours. Last bit of anything left and the cart situation. Both are pet peeves of mine too. Well done. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-4-22-20-silliest-pet-peeves/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grammar is essential, so definitely NOT silly. My co-worker often tells me, "I wish I'd cared more about school" and I always want to reply, "I wish you'd cared more, too. Your grammar is awful." LOL

    The cart thing has always annoyed me, too. So much so, that I would encourage my kids when they were young to grab a cart that wasn't in the corral and take it inside whenever we were at the store.

    https://nerdyreadergirl.wordpress.com/2020/04/22/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-april-22-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaving the empty ice tray in the freezer would cause my dad to go into a yelling fit, lol! To this day (I will not confess my age), I'm thankful for the automatic ice dispenser, so I don't have to fill up the ice trays. Great post!

    Here's mine: https://www.marymorganauthor.com/post/long-and-short-reviews-weekly-blog-challenge-04-22-20

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom would agree with you 100% on the ice trays. We used to get into such trouble when we were kids. LOL As an adult, I figured out why!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To add to leaving something with less than a serving, I keep a grocery list that I add to as needed. It's been in the same place for 25 years! So when we're out of something, ADD IT TO THE LIST! Don't forget to tell me, then complain that I didn't get it at the store. I'm good, but not a mind-reader. And if it's not something I use frequently, I won't notice that you left only a tsp. of ketchup in the bottle. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why didn't I think of these?? Yes! So annoying. Every morning I make myself tea and I have to refill the water jug (we have a water filter). And why not just take the rest of the milk? That little sip isn't even enough for my coffee! And my kids... my little darlings... they leave empty boxes in the cupboard. WHY? I went to make soup the other night and I wanted crackers. I was sooo hungry for soup and crackers. Well, the crackers were gone. The box was left in the cupboard empty. My soup was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, yes, YES on the leaving of a dribble or teaspoon in a container. That drives me crazy too. For crying out loud, JUST FINISH IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree on the not-quite-finished thing. Just eat it or bin it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment