Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Favorite Book Series and Why



If you have visited with me at all, you will not be surprised by this list. I love series and these are only the few that immediately come to mind. And, I love them all for the same reasons. I love the characters and enjoy following their lives. So, in no particular order:

JD Robb's In Death series
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series
Candace Robb's Owen Archer series
Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce series
Louise Penny's Gamache series  
Martha Grimes' Richard Jury series
Anny Perry's Thomas Pitt series
Anne Perry's William Monk series


There are many books in all these series and, one day, I hope to have time to read them all!!

What about you? Do you have a favorite series to add to my TBR pile?

Comments

  1. Wow, you thought of a lot of answers to this prompt!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-favourite-book-series-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with the Outlander series. Some writers just keep churning out fantastic books. It's become a readers paradise. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/03/wednesday-challenge-040120.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first In Death book and really enjoyed it. Haven't read any of these others though, so will have to look into them!

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thoroughness. You've got a lot of good ones. Great choices. Here's my post: https://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/favorite-book-series-with-meganslayer-books-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you on JD Robb. Never got into the Outlanders series. Not familiar with the rest. Have to check them out. Thanks for sharing! Hers' mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-4-1-20-favorite-books-series-why/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a list! My own answer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JD Robb seems to be a popular choice this week. I really have to pick one of her titles up and read it. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Nora Roberts, and actually name one of her trilogies as a favorite series of mine; but I don't like her writing as JD Robb. And it's not the genre cause I have read other detective/mysteries and been fine with them. I am not sure what it is except that maybe my brain can't get past she is also Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my post, I name a few series' you haven't mentioned. I don't care for mysteries, and I don't like to read contemporary romance, since that's what I write, and I don't want to inadvertently "steal" someone else's idea or plot point. But I adore sci-fi, and that's one thing my muse never gives me to write, so I'm okay there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun topic. And so hard to choose favourites. I haven't heard of some on your list so I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I've been meaning to try Anne Perry myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment