Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: New Hobby I'm Trying



I have to admit, my days are pretty full between work, the house, doing things with my husband, seeing my mother every day (she had a stroke nearly 4 years ago and is in a nursing home), as well as church activities and our community theatre group (I'm tired just looking at all that!) But, I still have some hobbies I enjoy: reading (of course), crocheting, and something I've recently picked up --painting.

I've not done any on my own.... just going to paint parties, but I would love to find the time to actually do some original works. I have a lot of pictures saved on my computer I'd like to turn from digital to paint, but... too much to do, too little time to do it!

Wish me luck... it's one of my goals for this year! Here's a few of the things I've done in the paint parties:

Comments

  1. Set up an easel in that "office" you have so you're ready. That can be your new hobby room instead :-)

    Some day we'll have time again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is fun. I always loved it. Wish I had time to paint again. I miss being able to make the mess, then stand back and love whatever it was I painted. :-) You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is such a cool hobby! Are the forest or beach scenes places you've been recently?

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely paintings! I've tried a few paint parties out, too, and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful! I'm jealous, honestly. :) This isn't a joke either but... look for the Bob Ross painting course (I can't think of what it's called at the moment). A friend of mine used it to teach herself how to paint and has done some amazing things with it!

    My post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting is very good. Keep at it and enjoy. My father used to paint and it was a great way for him to destress. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/01/wednesday-challenge-012220.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Judy, they look great! And I just adore the idea of a paint party. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good job. I wish I could paint, looks like so much fun, but alas, I have no creative talent in that arena. Good for it, I hope you find time! Good Luck!
    Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-1-20-2020-new-hobby-drones/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous works! And looks like such fun. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love a paint party but have never heard of one around here. Must keep my eyes open for that one. Those are great paintings. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't done a painting party, I did take painting class for pretty cheap at a local center when I lived in Florida, I bet you could find one here. I find, even for hobbies, that I have to schedule the time (like, literally bock the time off in my calendar.) Whatever works for you, I hope this year bring you all the joy and time for hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wished I could paint. But alas, no skills! I hope you manage to squeeze in your new interest between all that other stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment