Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Favorite Things to Do in the Summer



Summer is hands down my favorite season-- even living in the heat of south Georgia. Maybe it's a holdover from when I was a kid and summer meant complete freedom. No school. No bedtime. Just plenty of time to read and enjoy life. We had a place on the lake and were there more than we were not in the summertime.

As an adult, the responsibilities don't end (I do get to sleep in the week of July 4 - our business is closed to tours so we don't have to get up to check them at dark-thirty in the morning), but I still manage to get in some fun outside time.

We have a pool and in the summer I swim daily-- so much better for the joints than walking. It's a LOT of work keeping it up, but (mostly) it's worth it. After swimming, I get some fun reading time in while I dry off and get my Vitamin D fix.

I also enjoy going to our place in Florida... catching some rays on the beach (while the husband sometimes catches another kind of ray while he surf fishes...lol). We go there year round when we can grab a weekend away, but there's something better about it during the summer (after yellow fly season is over, that is).

Another thing I enjoy doing in the summer is eating the plethora of fresh vegies and fruits. The farmer's market is open and there are roadside stands in many many places. Sooooo good.

I also usually get to spend more time with the grands in the summer. None of them are local, so it's nice to be able to spend some extended time with them.

And... of course there's reading, but that's year round :-)

What about you? Share some of your favorite things to do in the summer. You can even play along with us here.

Comments

  1. I love swimming and going to the beach, too!

    I hope you'll get to spend a lot of time with your grandkids this summer.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were better at swimming. I do a sad dog-paddle thing that just looks wrong.
    Lol!
    I love your ideas for what to do during the summer. Sounds fun!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father has a nicely-shaded pool, and the boys swim in it during the summer. Good thing, too - pools are more work than I'm prepared to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the summers spent with my grandparents. My aunt and uncle lived next door and we'd spend half the day in my uncle's pool. Those were the days. :)

    Now, as it turns out, my kids spend most of their summer and my in-laws' house in their pool. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love swimming too. Have argued for a pool all of our married life, no matter where we've lived. BUT...in the back of my mind, I know I'd hate the upkeep. Don't tell ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a terrible swimmer, but if we had the weather for a pool, I'd work on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment