Saturday Seven: Gadgets


Hosted by Long and Short Reviews


I just finished reading Dark in Death, J.D. Robb's newest book, so I thought I would share elements of Dallas and Roarke's life that I really really like.

1. Droids. The idea that I could eat a supper and leave everything for the droids to clean up... yeah, I could really get behind that!

2. While we're on the subject of eating... Auto-Chefs. I enjoy cooking but sometimes I would love to be able to just program the Auto-Chef to deliver a pizza... perfectly cooked.

3. Showers-- preprogramming the water to just the right temperature and pressure.

4. Drying tube... get out of the shower, into the drying tube.. done. Love it!

5. Dallas has a coffee dispenser in her car... 'nuff said.

6. Speaking of cars... they fly. How cool is that?

7. Enhancements... would love to be able to try a new look at the drop of a hat!

Do you read the In Death series? What are your favorite gadgets?

What about gadgets from other futuristic books (and recommendations of new books to try are always welcome!)

Play along with us.. just click the banner at the top of the page!

Comments

  1. I finished Dark iN death the day it came out!!! I literally can't not finish a JD Robb in one sitting. Have you read the rest of them?
    Another gadget I love is the 'links - their communication devices/ Part phone/part computer/part TV . Lovelovelove it! Nora Roberts was really a visionary when she started this series in the techy department. We now have so many of the things she envisioned - flying cars are soon! And yes, I would give anything for an AUTHOCHEF in my car!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Dark in Death, but I love the idea of having droids who do all of the cleanup. It would be especially nice if they could scrub my bathtub as that's my least-favourite chore. Haha!

    This is my post this week: http://lydiaschoch.com/saturday-seven-funny-quotes-from-books/

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.D. Robb is one of our favorites... she's the Jules Verne of our time! Things she dreamed up in the 90s are now common place today. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Dark in Death but since it sounds all the gadgets I used to love so much in the Jetsons, I bet I'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment