BOOK REVIEW: THE BELLWETHER REVIVALS by Benjamin Wood

The Bellwether RevivalsThe Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a gripping novel of obsession and madness and love---Oscar Lowe, an assistant in a nursing home, meets and falls in love with Iris Bellwether, a medical student in Cambridge. The story revolves around the Bellwethers' opulent world, so different from his own upbringing, and the "flock" that surrounds Iris' brother, Eden-- not only the Bellwether in name, but in function. Although told from Oscar's third-person POV, this story is very much Eden's story--and his belief that he has the power to heal through his music.

Eden and his actions affect everyone around him--and by the end of the novel, nobody has been left untouched or unchanged. It's intriguing and intense, and once I picked it up I couldn't stop reading it until I was finished. Yes, it's that good.

Kudos to Mr. Wood on his debut novel.

View all my reviews

Comments