Good morning, all. Here are ten books, in no particular order, I'm looking forward to reading this coming year.
1. The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey: a retelling of Jane Eyre, set in the 1960s and in Scotland. One of my favorite books set in one of my favorite countries. Couldn't turn this one down.
2. A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson: Joshilyn is a Georgia gal, and just writes darn good stories.
3. The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King: a new addition to the Dark Tower series.
4. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: love Cassandra's series!
5. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare: see #4.
6. The Soul by Stephanie Meyer: a sequel to The Host, Stephanie's adult book that was more science fictiony (and, imho, better written) than the Twilight series.
7. The White Glove War by Katie Crouch: this is the 2nd book in her Magnolia League series. When I read The Magnolia League, it was refreshing to read a paranormal that didn't depend on werewolves or vampires.
8. Written with my Own Hearts Blood by Diana Gabaldon: If you've read (and loved) the Outlander series, this one is a no-brainer.
9. Seeds of Antiquity by Alan Bradley: the next book in another series that I love--Flavia de Luce: a precocious 10-going-on 11 amateur detective and would-be poisoner set in 1950 England
10. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness: the second in the All Souls trilogy that began with A Discovery of Witches
And.. there you have it. Ten books I'm looking forward to reading this year. What are you looking forward to?
You Are Lasagne
In love, you are very generous - with gifts, time, and guidance.
You know what it takes to succeed - hard, honest work. And you aren't afraid putting in the time.
You are very family-minded. For you, family always comes first.
Sharp and brilliant, you can solve almost any problem with that big brain of yours.