I'm a Lumberjack, and I'm OK

As some of you may or may not know, my husband and I own a tree and stump removal business. Yesterday we had a large trim job to do (and a couple of large pine trees to take down).

If you've never been around tree people or chain saws...they can be really dangerous (the chain saws--not the tree people-- usually). As a matter of fact, look at these chain saws:



No... we didn't use one like that. Actually, one of the ones we used was like this:



Are you wondering yet why I'm telling you all this? It's because :::::drum roll:::::
I cut down my very first tree today!!!! My husband, knowing how very dangerous chain saws are, has never let me use one. But, he relented and I used the small top handle saw pictured above to cut down a tree.

Okay... so it was a very small tree. So small, I brought home the piece that had the largest diameter. And, so small that my husband had his hand around the trunk and lifted it with one hand into the dump truck. It was taller than I am (okay... so at 5'2", I have been called a shrimp) and it WAS a tree. So... it counts!! And... here it is.....



And so.... I can officially join the ranks of the "lumberjack"!!

Comments

Post a Comment