My good friend, Hootin' Anni created this wonderful Christmas meme. To play along, just click the picture above and let us know you are playing.
1. Christmas is wonderful. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]
2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? Going as a family to pick out our Christmas tree. I remember being sad when my mother bought our first artificial tree. It just didn't seem quite Christmasy that year.
3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] Santa has always been good to me. Of course, last year, he really outdid himself by buying me the camera of my dreams. I still love it and use it almost every day.
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Only on Christmas Day. When the kids were little they could open one gift on Chrismas Eve, but it wasn't really fair to them, because I picked out which gift they opened, and it was always the new Christmas pajamas I'd bought them so they would be dressed in matching PJs for Christmas morning pictures. Yeah, I know... I'm a bad mom ;-)
5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] Homemade cranberry sauce for my husband. And, sometime during the holidays, rabanada. This recipe is different from the one I use, but I might have to give it a try. I would probably not use the cocoa it calls for though.
6. What is your favorite five Christmas songs/hymns?I don't know if I can hold myself to five. Let's see... what about if I just list the first five that comes to my head? "Do You See What I See?", "What Child is This?", "Winter Wonderland", "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas", "Santa Baby". Eclectic, huh? :-)
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? Only if you count all the kids coming home for Christmas, which isn't really a tradition, though we would love to make it one. Last year was the first time it happened, but this year, for various reasons, it doesn't look like it's going to happen, and that makes me sad.
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] We're stay-at-homers for Christmas, unless you count going to look at the Christmas lights. And we don't do that every year.
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?Yeah... my pajamas as long as I can get by with it. It's a pretty lazy day for me, except for cooking
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? Not since I was a little girl... unless you count my hubby's lap. I sit on that every chance I get!
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?This year we are going with a peppermint theme. Only red and white on the tree... white lights and garland, red decorations/bows. And peppermint potpourri in the air.
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? Other than outside on the house, no... not in the yard
Let me know if you play along so I can come visit you!
What is YOUR holiday personality?