A New 3 Word Wednesday

Here is the latest 3WW from Bones.

The rules: Each week, I will post three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. This is a writing exercise. It doesn't have to be perfect. The idea is to let your mind wander and write what it will. I'll also attempt to write something using the same three words.

Leave a comment if you participate.

This week's words are:
Hoarse
Bended
Downtown


And... my entry for the week:

Fiona coughed as the dust from the books rose around her. She had no idea the amount of dust books could collect. Oh, well. The job still needed to be done, even if it did make her a bit hoarse.

She knelt of the floor with her arms full of the biographies. Hearing the door open, she sighed. Trust Gary to walk in and catch her on bended knee. Knowing him he would have something smart to say about it. To her surprise, a tall, well-dressed woman stood in the open doorway. She looked around with disdain in her eyes before asking, in clipped Bostonian accents, "Is Gary Thomas here?"

Fiona stood up and dusted her hands off on her jeans. "Ah, no, I believe he's downtown. But he should be back shortly, if you'd like to wait."

The woman's eyes flicked Fiona up and down. "I'll go to the hotel and check in. Just tell him Claudia is here."

Fiona fought the desire to stick her tongue out as the door closed. She lost.

Comments

  1. too many questions here... do we get to hear the rest of this story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted mine...and by the way...his name is Bone

    It's from a Seinfeld show, where George wanted to be called T-Bone but instead they called him Koko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to your blog via Coocoo... I saw her entry last week. I thought I would give it a shot after seeing the link to 3WW on your blog. :D I really liked the ending too, sounds like something i would do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating again, Judy.

    Again, I'll agree with the others. Love your endings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment