I hope you will come join us at Monday Madness and play along with us.
Let's talk about holidays... Depending on where you live and what religion you are, you may celebrate different holidays and at different times of the year than others. But most of us do celebrate at least one holiday a year. Let's share! =)
1. Which of the holidays that you celebrate, do you feel is the most important?
Each holiday is important...in its own way. After all, that's why we celebrate them. That said, as far as religion goes, I believe Easter is the most important. Yes, Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birth, but without what went on at Easter, I doubt anyone would be celebrating the birthday. Halloween is important, just because it's fun and it gives me the chance to start my decorations. Thanksgiving is important because we all need to give thanks... more than once a year, but once a year is a good start. Am I babbling? Maybe... none of the holidays are "most" important to me. I guess you could say the most important is the one I'm celebrating (or fixing to celebrate) at the time.
2. Which holiday do you most enjoy?
I have to say that Christmas is "my most favorite time of the year." I like the colors and the hustle and bustle. I start decorating for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving.
3. Is there one holiday that your family tries to get together every year? If so, which one?We (my family and my mom) normally try to get together at Thanksgiving at my aunt's home in Charleston. The majority of my cousins and their kids live there as well. One cousin can rarely get there... he's a paramedic and normally just gets one day off. My sister and her husband make it every other year. My kids make it when they can make it.
4. Share one special memory from a past holiday. I don't know how special this is... but it's one that always makes me laugh. Years ago (early 60s, I guess) LipSlicker lipsticks were all the rage... think Twiggy and Yardley. My sister had bought my present and I was feeling it, trying to guess what it is. I'd guessed several things...she just kept shaking her head, going "nope." Well, after about a dozen or so guesses, I guessed right. She started crying and ran to Mama, wailing, "She GUESSED it!"
5. Name one holiday coming up, that you're really looking forward to, and why. I'm probably more excited about this Christmas coming up than I have been in my life. This will be the first time all my kids have been home for Christmas at the same time since 1998. And, since my son is scheduled to be deployed to Iraq in March, it makes it even more special.