Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. Pluto has been demoted from planet to "dwarf planet." Are you willing to give up everything you've been taught all these years and begin referring to our solar system as having eight planets, or will you continue thinking about it having nine? It's hard for me to give up things I've learned, so Pluto will remain a planet. It reminds me of A. Lincoln's famous question: If you call a sheep's tail a leg, how many legs does it have? Four, because just because you call it a leg, doesn't mean it is one.
2. Where is the last store you visited? What was your last bill there? We had to go find some nuts for a project my DH was working on, so we went to Fastenal. They had the nuts and didn't charge us for them. Can't beat a buy like that!
3. What new television show are you most looking forward to seeing this season? Sad to say, I don't even know what new shows are coming on this season. Suggestions, anyone?
4. Take the quiz: Which greek God are you? Save yourself some time and space by listing the name of the God, the description it gives you and the famous people you're like. (Don't worry about the graphical information and all the rest unless you just want to!) I like all the funky graphics, so here goes:
33% Extroversion, 46% Intuition, 72% Emotiveness, 100% Perceptiveness
|Although deeply emotional, you are extremely lacking in self-knowledge. You are somewhat needy, and when bored, may become very hedonistic. Your life is a quest for meaning, above all else. You are most like Dionysus. You are primarily interested in serving others, but your efforts are almost always unappreciated. You aren't confrontational, you're often out of tune with your own needs and unaware of the consequences of your own actions. |
You are, at heart, a good person. You are very affectionate, and you are very loyal to your friends and family. You are very reluctant to burden others with your own problems, to the point that this in itself can become a problem for the people who care about you. This is a particular of a more general problem. Dionysus sends wave of ruin throughout his personal life. He is the photographer who seduces his subjects. He is the teacher who seduces a student. He is the art student who paints nonrepresentational splashes of color, he is the poet who rejects meter and content. You seek sexual partners more than anything else (this is to exploit the nurturing side of others to help fill your own void). If not sexual partners, this desire to become the object of sympathy with other people can manifest itself in other destructive ways. Stinkfist by Tool explains your condition pretty well. It's very likely that you haven't had many experienced mentors. You don't want them either, because you're the sort of person who rejects criticism and boundaries, but they're also your only hope for reaching any kind of emotional maturity.
Famous People Like You: John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Hugh Hefner
I'd tell you to stay clear of Hermes, Icarus and Apollo, but you could probably learn something from them. You're least likely to hurt The Oracle, Atlas, Prometheus, and Daedalus, but Atlas and Daedalus won't like you very much.
Seek out: The Oracle, Prometheus
|My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|Link: The Greek Mythology Personality Test written by Aleph_Nine on OkCupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test|
5. Of the famous people it lists like you, which is the scariest? It's a toss-up between Michael Jackson and Britney Spears. I don't think I'm like EITHER of them! Jeesh... I think I'll stay clear of mythology.
6. You decide to bring candy to keep on your desk. If you could only pick one kind of candy, which would it be? M&Ms