Friday Feast

Here's today's Friday's Feast.


Appetizer
What color is your car? "Little Sister," my half-ton Dodge pick-up, is white, as is "Big Brother," the 3/4 ton Dodge we use in the business. I also have a very light grey Ford Tempo my mom gave me. It's waiting on a new trasmission.

Soup
If you could wake up tomorrow with full training in another occupation and a job in that field, what would it be?
I would be the editor of a small town newspaper. I almost took journalism in college, but decided teaching was probably a better choice.

Salad
How many times in your life have you had the flu (or something similar)? I've only had the flu one time. I'd always been rather proud of the fact I'd never had it, so I guess it was inevitable that when it did hit, it hit hard. I lost a week of my life. Thank goodness my husband took the week off and tended me. Have I ever told y'all what a wonderful man I'm married to????

Main Course
What is something that has happened to you this week that you didn't expect? We didn't work yesterday, unexpectedly, because we blew a tire on the tractor that carries our mid-size stump grinder. We had a lot to do around the house, though, so we were still busy!

Dessert
How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was fifteen and it was the son of a friend of my mom's. This boy... well, let's just say he wasn't the smartest crayon in the box. He kept asking me out and finally I told him I wasn't allowed to date 'til I was sixteen. That should be the end of it, right? Nope, not for "Einstein." The next words out of his mouth: "Well, will you go steady with me then?" ARRRRGGGGG! Anyway.. on to the kiss. We were walking outside at church and he stopped, grabbed my shoulders, turned me to him, and kissed me.... then, forced his tongue into my mouth... uuuuugggghhhh. Fortunately, the next summer I met a new boy up at our lake house who was a really good kisser!!! So, I wasn't traumatized for life ;-)

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Enjoyed your feast, esp your dessert!
    Have a great day and a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... your first kiss was great! What did you do?

    I had a kid try to kiss me when I was in fourth grade -- I walked past to get off the bus and he grabbed me. I decked him with my books. Boys didn't bother me much after that...

    Sorry about your flat. Have a great weekend!

    kudxerdq - Kittens usually don't x-ray ever, run (to) Dairy Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was that unforgettable huh? lol! dining late...my feast is finally up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet dessert. Entire feast was scrumptious! -M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment