Green Sister 25

Of all the men in all the military tents in the world, the one that had to walk in on Janna was Major Lee Griswold. She sat there staring at him in disbelief. The days wasn't bad enough already, apparently. He sat in the chair, a smirk on his clean shaven face.

After a silence, Griswold said, "I should have figured you would show up here... somehow, someway you always manage to get yourself into a mess. What are you doing here?"

"Is there someone else I can talk to? Maybe a janitor? Or perhaps Hannibal Lector is available."

"Tsk, tsk. Such bitterness. And we had such a wonderful time the last time we were together.”

“Hmph. Such a wonderful time together, my foot! You nearly got me killed," Janna said, not caring that her voice had risen. She sensed Mark turning around in his chair, but did not turn her attention from the man in front of her.

“I told you to stay behind…that it was dangerous for a civilian, but you have always had to do things the hard way, even when we were kids. You are congenitally unable to accept advice from anyone.”

“Not anyone… just from you.”

The two glared at each other for several moments.

Janna shifted in her chair then sighed. “How’s Aunt Betty? And what’s going on here that it requires the Special Attache’s attention?|”

Griswold grinned. “Mother’s fine and you know I can’t tell you that, even if you are my favorite cousin.”

Rolling her eyes, Janna said, “Puh-leeze… I’m your only cousin! And… does all this,” she waved her arm at the bustling tent, “have anything to do with the odd shaped barn I saw on the way in from the campus?”

As the blood drained from her cousin’s face, Janna knew she was on the right track. And, she also knew that things were a lot worse than she had thought if it brought that look to Lee’s face.

Comments

  1. C'mon, Judy. I'm stah-ving here. More, please.

    Where are you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment