Green Sister 8

Janna was never one to miss an opportunity that had been handed to her on a silver platter.

"I...I believe I might have hurt my arm when I fell," she stammered, grabbing her elbow. "Do you know where I could get some ice?"

"Sit, Bruno!" Mark said sternly to the dog, who was nuzzling at Janna's leg. "I live in this building right here. Let me go deliver Bruno to his owner and we'll see about looking at your arm."

The three of them walked into the apartment building and Mark punched the up button for the elevator. While they waited, Mark explained to Janna that he was walking the dog for his neighbor, who had broken her leg the weekend before.

"He's a handful, but he's a good puppy. Geri is just waiting for her house in the 'burbs to get finished. It will be good for him to have a yard to run in."

After delivering Bruno to Geri, Mark and Janna walked down the corridor to his apartment.

While Mark went in the kitchen to get the ice, Janna walked around the tastefully decorated living room, examining the shelves. Along with the expected treatises on math and quontum physics, she was surprised to see volumes of Wordsworth, Scott, Blake, Baillie, and Equiano. Funny, she would have never thought he would be interested in the Romantics.

On his desk, next to his computer, was a leather-bound address book. She was just reaching for it when he walked back in the room.

Comments